Let's try and address these in style? Enjoy reading it, I will attempt to make it somewhat light hearted. Trrrrrying.
Rustle the Rat
So the rat is still possibly abroad, we can't say for certain. There was some spilled poison grain (about half a standard tray that you put out) in the bedroom we'd had him trapped in. We figured out he was in the floorboards and sealed up everything we could. The floorboard in the corner of my room then gave way as it had been chewed through (it was a bit wonky to begin with so I assume it was easier for him to get his jaws on) and my bed half fell through. So we put iron wool and sealant/packing foam in there. I then added some polyfilla over the top of it. It's pretty solid. I then went into the mater's room out of curiosity (which btw didn't kill the cat OR rat) and the spilled poison was all gone. Not hoovered up, but eaten and no one else bar me has been in. Somewhat ticked off by continuing noise I set the snap trap too with dog biccies and one was taken, trap set off, NO RAT. ARGH, sneaky little...
We haven't heard anything today and he's been generally quite quiet so I gotta assume the poison is doing it's nefarious work (it was scoffed up about four days ago). Poor Rustle, I would have preferred the snap trap got him (quicker and more humane) but at this stage, it's every man for themselves.
No Decorations Up
This brings us to why we haven't had decs go up, it's thrown everything out of whack. If you'd asked us in october if we were ready for the holidays, we'd have said yes. Now, no. So today we're doing a big clean out and putting what decs up we can, which includes checking under the stairs. I'm very sure we only have Rustle, none of his buddies, he's just a sneaky little shit. Sigh, so today is wrestle with a fake tree day. URGH.
Some of my recent listens are probably so hilarious behind on the times, but here's some of my latest adds to my grooveshark list which you'll probably end up hearing if you tune into livestream in the new year (see below for more details)
- Wolfpack - Angels and Airwaves
- Centuries - Fall Out Boy
- Immortal - Fall Out Boy
- Carry the Sun - The Glitch Mob
- I am a Stone - Demon Hunter
- The Last Garrison - Enter Shikari
- Shout at the Moon - Mallory Knox
- Simple and Clean (cover) - Gates of Ivory
- We Can Make the World Stop - The Glitch Mob
- Drive it Like You Stole It - Go Periscope (Glitch Mob redux)
- Smile - Mikky Ekko
Ah what you've all been waiting for! Don't shake your head at the monitor, you know you have.
So 2014 saw me achieve my NYR (new years resolution) to produce more art and try to solidify/develop my style.
2015, I'm making the NYR that I will concentrate on my webcomic more and hopefully stream more often so you guys can see the amount of actual bullshit that goes into trying to make a picture not look like donkey crap (mostly).
Things I'll be working on in the webcomic include:
- Wiki entries; Characters, more terms covered, maps updated and regions added, holidays, festivals, beginning pen and paper exercises.
- Updated map on the comic.
- Implementing a better archive format.
- Actual comic pages (!!!!)
- A gallery for my artwork/sketches for the webcomic
- A gallery for fanart (lol I don't have any but a girl can dream!)
- A character page that works. It's been waiting for a while. I need to pin down stuff I have to do.
So yeah! Onward, upward, lots of booze, if I don't see you all before -